- UP 2004 Distinguished Alumna Award
- One of the Outstanding Legislators of 2002, 2003, and 2004 Awardee
- Outstanding Women in Governance Category
- Gawad Pagkilala Parangal sa mga Kababaihan sa Kongreso
- ‘Dakila’ award from UP Center for Women’s Studies
- Paul Harris Fellow of the Rotary Club Awardee
- Soroptomist International Woman of Distinction Gintong Ina, Ulirang Ina
- Soroptimist International’s “Making a Difference in Women”
- Recognition Program in the “Woman Helping Women Category” Awardee
- Maralitang Tagalungsod of 2003 for the support to the communityMortgage Program (CMP) in Las Piñas
- DILG-Bureau of the Fire Protection for professionalizing the Las Piñas Fire Department
- “Best Practice Award for Outstanding Contribution Towards Improving the Living Environment” by the UN Humans Settlement Program and the Dubai International Award
- AOIKOS International Award for Social Enterprise from River Rehabilitation
- International Green Apple Award for Environmental Best Practice
- United Nations Best Water Management
Villar has been campaigning on a platform of providing jobs to the Filipino people especially women.
When she was a member of the House of Representatives, the former lawmaker said she authored and sponsored several legislations to protect the interests of women, children and the Filipino family.
She is also pushing “livelihood projects out of waste” on a national scope if she wins in the Senate race in the May elections.