Born: May 14, 1935
Affiliation: Social Justice Society, ABAKADA GURO Party List, PHILJUST, Rotary Club
- Recipient, Outstanding Abrenian Award, 2005
- Recipient, Achiever’s Award 2007, Manuel L. Quezon University
- Recipient, 2009 Outstanding Alumnus Award, MLQU School of Law
- Bar Topnotcher, 3rd place, 1957 Bar Examinations;
- Professor, UST Faculty of Civil Law, MLQU School of Law, UE College of Law, PLM College of Law, New Era University College of Law;
- Bar Reviewer and MCLE Lecturer;
- Author, Philippine Labor and Social Legislation Annotated (Volumes I and II), Reviewer in Labor and Social Legislation, and Statutes;
- Editor and Publisher, The Philippines Labor Relations Journal (PLRJ);
- Participant, 1988 Program for Instruction for Lawyers, Harvard Law School, Cambridge, Mass., USA;
- Review Director, National Bar Review Center (NBRC), Manila, President, Lex Reviews & Seminars, Inc., conducting bar reviews nationwide, and accredited Mandatory Continuing Legal Education (MCLE) provider;
- Proprietor, Philippine Labor Relations Journal Printing and Publishing House;
- Charter Member, Rotary Club of Tandang Sora;
- National President, Social Justice Society (SJS), a political party duly registered with the COMELEC to pursue the ends of social justice and which has raised before the Supreme Court several issues of national importance;
- Founding Chairman and President, ABAKADA GURO PARTY-LIST (formerly Advocates and Adherents of Social Justice for School Teachers and Allied Workers (AASJS), a teachers party list group;
- Retained counsel of several teachers and allied workers unions;
- President, Philippine Social Justice Foundation, Inc. (PHILJUST).
- Personal Interests – Sports: Golf
History by Year
- 1977 – Starts his own law office – SAMSON S. ALCANTARA Law Office
- 1971 – Samson Alcantara publishes his first book, STATUTES.
- 1963 – Samson Alcantara marries Evelyn Baula
- 1958 – Samson Alcantara joins the Law Firm of Paredes, Poblador, Nazareno and Azada; Samson Alcantara, Bar Topnotcher at Age 22
- 1957 – Graduates from MLQU School of Law
- 1935 – Born on May 14, 1935
Political Party: Social Justice Society
Samson Alcantara is an advocate of social justice, particularly equitable distribution of economic and political benefits and opportunities in society. He is the founding president of Social Justice Society, a registered political party that he and colleagues set up in 2001 to pursue the ends of social justice.
Alcantara has made the abolition of political dynasties the centerpiece of his platform.
Alcantara said he would push for the adoption of more social justice laws and the fine-tuning of existing ones. He also has a platform for senior citizens.
Samson Alcantara’s other platforms include quality education, increase of employment opportunities, development of social values, protection of public officers against discriminatory practices, fair and speedy administration of justice, development of natural resources, elimination of oppressive impositions and environment-related hazards and assistance to entrepreneurs.