Mitos was voted Most Outstanding Congressman for 5 consecutive years in 2004-2009, and in 2011. She is an Emeritus Hall of Fame Awardee.
Mitos Magsaysay was also a Deputy Minority Leader of the House of Representatives for 3 terms.
Known as Congresswoman Libre, she is very active and vocal legislator in the HOR especially on bills, issues, and laws that affect the citizenry. For the last 9 years, she has provided the following everyday:
- Free Medical and Dental Check Ups
- Free doctors and dentists
- Free medicines from babies to senior citizens
- Free maintenance medicines for diabetes,arthritis,and hypertension to all senior citizens
- Free tooth extraction
- Free TB and Primary complex medication good for 9 months
- Free diagnostic laboratory: urinalysis ,fecalysis, blood chemistry,sugar and cholesterol tests,ECG
- Free drug test laboratory accredited by LTO
- Free scholarships for tertiary education and skills training
- Free high school assistance to cover PTCA fees
- Free grade school assistance to cover PTCA fees
Mitos Magsaysay has sponsored or authored at least 35 House Measures such as “An Act Fixing the Specific Limits of Forest Lands and Alienable and Disposable Lands Within the Province Of Zambales,” “An Act Establishing a National Science and Technology Center in Olongapo City, Zambales and Appropriating Funds Therefor,” “An Act Providing that the Schedule of Fair Market Values of Real Property shall be Prepared by the Local Assessment Council Amending for the Purpose of the Local Government Code Of 1991,” “An Act Amending Republic Act No. 4136, Article III, Section 14.-Issuance of Certificate Of Registration.- A Properly Numbered Certificate of Registration shall be Issued for Each Separate Motor Vehicle after Due Inspection and Payment of Corresponding Registration Fees, as Amended,” and “An Act Creating a National Student Loan Board to Implement a National Student Loan Program for the Poor, Defining its Implementing Guidelines, Rules and Regulations and Appropriating Funds Therefor.”
She is a graduate from the University of the Philippines in Diliman, Quezon City with a degree of BS in Business Administration.
Mitos Magsaysay is married to Jesus Vicente Magasaysay II, son of former Zambales Governor Vicente Magsaysay. She is a mother of 6 kids
Mitos Magsaysay’s advocacies and platforms include health, taxation, transportation, hosuing, education, livelihood, and oil deregulation.