Elementary: Sienna College, Quezon City (1975-1983)
Secondary: Angelicum School, Quezon City (1983-1987)
- BS ECE (4th Year); De La Salle University, Manila (1987-1991)
- BS Naval Systems Engineering; Philippine Military Academy (1991-1995)
- Cum Laude
- Mathematics Plaque
- Physical Sciences Plaque
- Tambuli Award (Electrical/Electronics Engineering)
Graduate: Master in Public Administration major in Public Policy and Program Management; University of the Philippines, Diliman (2000-2005)
- Two (2) University Scholar Awards (GPA 1.0-1.25)
- College Scholar Award (GPA 1.25-1.50)
Sea Duty Profile:
- Mess & Supply Officer (April 1995-May 1996)
- Deck & Gunnery Officer (May 1996-January 1998)
- Engineering & Damage Control Officer (January 1998-February 1999)
- Executive Officer (February 1999-January 2000)
- Acting Commanding Officer (June 1999-January 2000)
- Administrative/Personnel Officer (P1), HQ Patrol Force (June 1999-January 2000)
- Procurement Officer/Instructor, Naval Education & Training Command (January 2000-June 2001)
- He was one of the Navy personnel who risked their lives to rescue thirty-two (32) persons during a daring search and rescue operation for the survivors of the ill-fated M/V Princess of the Orient at the height of a super typhoon in 1998.
- He has a five-year sea duty experience logging-in a Total Steaming Time (TST) of 2,593 hrs and 47 min and Total Miles Covered (TMC) of 35, 316.78 nautical miles. During which time, his unit was responsible for the apprehension of dozens of smugglers, illegal loggers, poachers, human smugglers and illegal fishermen in numerous maritime law enforcement operations conducted in the waters off Batanes, Ilocos, Cagayan, Isabela, Zambales, Scarborough, Quezon, Bicol, Palawan, Mindoro, Romblon, Iloilo, Cebu, Zamboanga Peninsula, Basilan, Sulu, Tawi-Tawi, Davao and Maguindanao.
- He was involved in numerous naval operations in support of ground operations directed against the Abu Sayyaf and other lawless elements.
- As procurement officer of the Naval Training and Education Command,Philippine Navy, he reformed the procurement system, which resulted to the accumulated savings of more than four million pesos in favor of the government.
- He has participated in 22 naval exercises conducted with local and foreign navies.
- He is a recipient of 23 assorted merit medals, campaign ribbons and badges.