For those who haven’t grabbed the free Microsoft Office 365 yet, you’re missing out on a lot. Everyone who has an addu.edu.ph email, may you be a student, an administrator or a professor, can avail of the free copies of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher, and Access. It also comes with 1 TB of online storage from OneDrive for Business which is like getting a free external hard drive.
Through this, you can access stored files, view and edit documents through web browsers anytime and anywhere. You can make a password-protected portal to share small or large files with your classmates or with your organization’s co-members. It’s pretty convenient.
These are the steps to register:
1. Go to http://www.office.com/getOffice365
2. Click on that green button that says: “Find out if you’re eligible”.
3. Enter your @addu.edu.ph email
Your AdDU email is: [your initials][your last name]@addu.edu.ph. So, Maria Elizabeth R. Santos has an email of firstname.lastname@example.org, and username of mersantos.
4. Microsoft will send you an email. Log-in to your AdDU email at http://blueknights.addu.edu.ph
Log-in with your email and enter your password.
If you are using your default password, we recommend you change it as soon as possible.
5. Open the confirmation email and click on that link.
The link will open an online form.
6. Enter all you credentials there.
7. You can now download the installer for Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Outlook.
Now, you can start using one of the free efficient perks offered to us, Ateneans!